I love to learn. I think I love to learn more now then when I was in school. I said to someone before that if libraries would let people live in them, I would do so. Learning new things can help a person get a better job, teach you how to communicate better and it could even open doors for you that might not have been opened to you otherwise. I have found sites online where people can learn things for free. If you can’t afford to go to college, you should not feel bad at all. There are so many sites where you can learn a new skill, a new language or educate yourself without having to go in debt. It does not matter what age you are, you can learn something every single day.
Learn French with babbel.com
- MIT OpenCourseWare: Did you know that many universities share their course material freely with anyone that wants to learn? In some courses you can view the lecture note of a class that took place at the university as well as the syllabi, lecture notes and some classes also have video lectures you can learn from. MIT launched its OpenCourseWare program in 2002 and many universities have followed suit. There are so many subjects and classes to choose from that a person can learn for the rest of their lives. MIT is not the only university that does this. Be sure to check out Yale, Utah State, Tufts University, and UMass Boston. If you want to see if a certain school has an OpenCourseWare program, just type in the school name in Google.com followed by opencourseware.
- Alison offers free online courses and workplace skills training. There are many subjects to learn about on this site. I have taken a Twitter class and it was a video teaching class that helped me learn how to use Twitter.
- If you are a minister, you will appreciate the free classes that are offered by Covenant Theological Seminary. These are some in depth teaching classes. You will have to register with them. All you need is a display name, email address, password and tell them what country you are from, your gender and age and you can begin taking classes like Biblical Theology, Christ Centered Preaching: Preparation and Delivery of Sermons, Marriage and Family Counseling and many more. You can view the lecture transcript, study guide and listen to the class.
- Issuu: This is a site where you can read magazines and books for free. There are many books that you can read right on their site or you can download and read on your computer. I have download whole books from this site like The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey. Search their site for any book title or subject to see what you will find. You will have to register with them and it is quick and easy.
- Learn a new language. BBC languages offers free lessons to help you learn a new language.
- Learn new words with Vocabulary.com. They have more than 40,000+ questions designed to help you learn words.
- Youtube is not only in the entertaining business, but you can also learn on Youtube. They have something called Youtube EDU. You can watch lectures and speeches from top teachers.
- iTunes has made it easy for anyone to learn with iTunes and the iTunes U app. They are said to have the world’s largest online catalog of free education content.
Here are some FREE apps that teach